Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Wonkosphere

I am absolutely exhausted and brain dead, having been up since 4:30 in the morning. Was it the full moon? The first day of school for DD#1? Stress about how to handle the coming weeks? The nanny who never came back from vacation? I don't know, but I did want to take a moment in between getting the kids to bed and before losing consciousness myself to link to an interesting site I stumbled upon earlier today called Wonkosphere. The site describes itself as "your listening post for the 2008 presidential election." It also has a nice blog. Genuinely non-partisan, they update every four hours with all kinds of info on all the Republican and Democratic candidates, from the so-called "first tier" establishment candidates (Obama, Giuliani, and Hillary) to those who have no chance whatsoever (John McCain) to those the mainstream media all but ignore (Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, and Mike Gravel), giving equal weight to all, although, of course, I found no reference to any third-party or independent candidates.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug. I know personally there's not much time between the kids bedtime and unconsciousness!
Best, Wonker

Christine said...

Thanks for the comment Wonker. As you can see, I still have yet to lose consciousness, but I'm wondering how you managed to find out I linked to you so quickly (I think it was less than 30 minutes from blog post to comment).

Mark said...

Christine,
Very interesting site. Thanks for the heads up. There was a CNN article on Kucinich yesterday. The focus was on the fact that he eats a vegan diet and has a 29 year old wife. No mention of his views on any issues. So it goes.

Christine said...

Mark,
In my original post I had written "to those the mainstream media all but ignore, except to deligitimize..." but deleted "except to deligitimize" at the last moment because I thought it was too sweeping a generalization, but the CNN Kucinich piece you mention is just the kind of crap I was thinking of.

Anonymous said...

Whats a DD?

Christine said...

In Internet chat rooms, discussion boards, etc., people use the abbreviation DD to stand for dear or darling daughter, DH for dear husband, etc. Sometimes women refer to their husbands as just H, but you are a definite DH.

Anonymous said...

http://cardiffmiller.com/pubs/buyvalium/#41687 valium effects abuse - valium generic drug