Sunday, August 5, 2007

Tzatziki

When we were in New York this summer another friend gave me his recipe for tzatziki. This is that delicious, creamy Greek cucumber-yogurt dip often used as a sauce for gyros or souvlaki, but is great with pita bread too. I tried out this recipe recently and it is quick, easy, and very authentic. My friend says that whenever he has one of the ingredients in his kitchen, he goes out and buys the rest so that he can always have some of this on hand. Exact measurements are not given--just prepare to your taste:

1. Grate skinned cucumbers.
2. Squeeze out and discard liquid.
3. Mix with any plain yogurt.
4. Add crushed garlic, olive oil, salt, and torn (not cut) mint leaf.

Always serve cold. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CLS - You're the greatest!

Bruce said...

My Bones may be Creaky
My Mind May be Leaky
But Honey
Your Tzatziki still makes me Freaky
--Bruce